Pre-requisites to yoga practice
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Wait two to three hours after a main meal or one and a half hours after a snack, before starting practice.
- Wait 20 minutes after practice before taking food.
- A personal yoga mat is useful and The London School of Yoga sells mats for £12
- Please drink water before the class and dont bring water bottles to class.
- Consult your doctor or health professional before starting practice if you have either:
a diagnosed health condition or
a pre-or post-operative condition
- Let your yoga teacher know about any health concerns, i.e. high blood pressure, back problems, pregnancy, arthritis etc.
- Also inform the teacher of any changes in your personal health.
Follow the basic principles of practice below
- Move slowly with awareness
- Never rush, force or strain
- Practice with ease and gracefulness
- Stop an rest whenever necessary
``As the result of contentment, one gains supreme happiness.`` Yoga sutras of Patanjali (i.42)